Conservative in name only. I see people like that that are quick to believe that people are what is promoted, whether in a liberal rag, TV or even in the so called Conservative networks. If you aren't willing to look at the whole and do due diligence in your opinions, then you are not a Conservative. Not a real one. Instead you are placing a line for a person to walk that more than likely is one that you yourself are not walking and could not walk. I am in no way perfect. But I also am also Okay with that 80-20 rule. I can not support for instance a candidate for President that is not excellent and proven economically. They need to be great in adverse situations, because the unemployment issue has to be something they have deal with, and been successful in their track record.
Real Conservatives understand conditions the game is played in. In football if you play in an ice storm and you are a pass oriented offense that averages over 300 yards a game, more than likely, due to the conditions involved; that normal performance is not going to happen.
Ronald Reagan is usually the standard bearer for Conservatives in America. He was the great communicator. His trickle down economics saved the American economy. One in which Jimmy Carters' spending was having us print money at a rate of 12% spent. Now under Obama, we are printing at 120%. But, if we look at Ronalad Reagans record as Governor of California in a liberal state where he had his back against the wall......well it was not pretty.
- Was once a pro-choice liberal who helped elect one of the most liberal Presidents we've ever seen
- While Governor, signed into law a tax increase that is one of the largest for a state in our nation's history
- Inherited a massive deficit, but actually increased spending to the tune of doubling his state's budget
- Signed one of the most liberal abortion laws in the country into law(though regretted it later on)
- state funding for public schools increased 105% in his tenure
- Signed welfare reform that helped relieve the caseload, but also increased benefits by 30%
- Expanded his state's medicaid system which was the largest in the country
- Signed some of the first tailpipe emission standards into law in his State
- Tax witholding was introduced during his tenure as Governor
Now a CINO would look at all of this and blame Ronald Reagan for this and totally discount him as a Candidate. They also would call him a Rino because he was just being thrust back at us as a Candidate and had already had his chance. Some of it was Reagan's fault. But the man learned from failed Policies and he went on to become not a perfect President, but a top 5 of all time.
Cino's seem lost in recognizing the playing field. Was the field they played on "Conservative Friendly"? Or was it an ice storm where you had to just gut it out and do the very best that you could in bad conditions? What was that person able to do and how bad were they beaten up by the conditions. Were they able to flourish?
Conservatives understand all of this. Especially people who have to deal with all of this on a daily basis. Conservatives have common sense. They are not one trick ponies. They abide in the land of the 80-20 rule and determine if that person they consider is capable and even more so experienced with a proven track record that is tempered by the circumstances involved.